Monday, July 23, 2012

MyChef

Remember my post last week about stocking up on MyChef products?

I did exactly that. I bought all the flavours I could get my hands on, except for the brown rice and butter rice pilaf.

So in the wee hours of Sunday morning, I decided to give the Gulai Udang Serai and Semur Daging Betawi a try. Both these dishes are from Chef Ismail. I was feeling quite excited. I have numerous times had my lunch at Rebung and I was really looking forward to his instant dish. I mean,all I had to do was cook rice and microwave the two dishes. Nuke it for 4 mins and it would be done and ready to eat!








The gulai udang was okay. Reminded me of lauk rumah orang kawin actually. But it wasn't how I would expect it to be.

As for the Daging Semur Betawi. My first reaction when I took a bite was MANISNYA! Like really, it was a tad too sweet for my liking. I think given some adjustments it would turn out alright. But these two dishes sort of compliment each other and having them both for sahur wasn't a bad move either.

I look forward to try the Mughlai Chicken Biryani this coming weekend. We'll let you guys know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment