Monday, January 23, 2012

roar!

i need a book to read. i really do. i love to read and a week without a good book to read is like a drug addict going cold turkey...

in dire need to read and tomorrow, i will make it a point to head over to borders to get myself this book;

credit pic - nvmckenzie.blogspot.com

i've been reading reviews about this book, especially because it was deemed as being controversial. i doubt it is. maybe it's how those in the west would perceive that the asian way for raising a child's upbringing is likened to being very harsh and cruel.

it would make an interesting read this book. and i feel like i may be able to relate to it quite well too. i was brought up in a strict environment. i didn't feel opressed though. i think i grow up being stoic instead. my parents, like all other parents have extremely high expectations on me and my sis. truth be told, my (elder) sis is the easier one to raise whereas i was every other parents' nightmare, thought not to the extreme. but yes, i did have my share of 'i-just-don't-know-what-to-do-with-you' moments with my parents. they could have easily have given up on me I think but they persevered. LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment