Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A date with Ian!

And so I promised Ian that we are going to do something fun today :)


I used to 'religiously' come to this place with my sis many many years ago when we were much younger. back then, PFH was at SS15, in one of the shop-houses opposite what is now Asia Cafe. We would either walk or pestered mom to send us and she'll come fetch us a few hours later - 2 kids beaming with their so-called work of art. :) those were the days where we don't have ASTRO mind you. So we had to find other things to do to while the time away. 



Having chance upon PFH when I sent Ian for his baking class two weekends back (will blog about that one in my next entry perhaps) I decided to bring him today so that he'll get to experience that first time colouring plaster, plaster of paris to be exact. I don't know why is it called plaster of paris. But my guess being the french could have come up with a sort of mould since they are pretty good with figurines, yes?

Anyways, their collection have certainly grown over the years but I did come across some of the classic ones which I too have painted back then. It's really easy, All you have to do is to come in, choose whichever figurine that catches your eye (ian chose a sports car with a driver in it and I, a butterfly) and the crew member will provide you with paints, brushes, water and palette for FREE!! yay!!


Oh, and they have a mini cafe too where you can order cakes, coffee, cold juice while enjoying your time painting your plaster pieces... :)

Ian and his sportscar

my butterfly

Ian's final product (he does have a dark side this one)


some of the finished products on display

We didn't take long to finish our painting. Once done, you can just pass your finished product to anyone of the crew and they will seal the colour with top coat and if you like, some glitters. Ian chose to have silver ones on his whereas I didn't put any, (dang I should have done so!)... anyways, if you have plans to bring your kids to somewhere fun and don't mind them getting their hands dirty, do give this place a try! 

PLASTER FUN HOUSE
Empire Shopping Gallery
Level 2#S-05
Subang Jaya

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment