Sunday, January 22, 2012

ain't no mountain high enough

to be exact, it's just a hill... but not just any hill, it's broga hill... heh heh...

told myself that i should be a bit more outdoorsy this year. i used to be one back during my school days. i enjoyed camping, trekking, cycling... the sorts. somewhere along the way (think it was in uni) that i stopped doing all this and spent more time indoors. i mean, workout for me was malling (you go to a mall... walk past stores a couple of times, meals aside)... gah! what the heck happened?

but i decided that i wanted to be the old me this time around. and so happened my sis in law and her hubby asked if i wanted to go up broga which i quickly agreed. i mean, broga... i figured it was just a long track up the hill... you know, just a casual walk where you can just talk and talk and eventually reach the top...

so we left the house around 4.15... all geared up for this trip. got slightly lost on the way but reached there around 5-ish (which means we didn't get lost long).... it was still dark (like very dark) but we were lucky that there's a stall selling torchlights. i mean, you do need one to begin with. so i got myself a lovely rm10 mini torchlight in flourescent green. and in my backpack i had a litre of bottled water with me. and a snicker bar tucked somewhere. okay, i'm all good to go now... ho yeah!!! :D oh, and there was a sign saying bukit broga, 1.7km... ceh... big deal... :p
.............................................................................................
.............................................................................................
.............................................................................................

after 5 minutes i was already out of breath and panting like a dog. i mean it literally. i could practically here my breathing and the fact that the surroundings were so quiet seems to elevate my breathings even louder. i blame all the good food i ate all these years. i blamed my ignorance for not taking care of myself... malling??!! pah... no amount of malling could save you for this trip. i felt like calling it off when i'm not even halfway up!!!!!

but i have to thank both my sibling in laws for their patience and motivation. hehehehe! they kept telling me that we weren't far off from the peak now (and it's only the first peak)... of course i knew it was all lies... they simply couldn't leave me (aww i'm touched)!!! but i also told myself that there's no way i can't make this climb. i mean, there are just so many out there who have been up broga. surely i can too? so i pushed myself to climb. and i did. and i made it to the top... hooray!!!! :D




more pics are with my sis law's... of course when we got up, the scenery was simply breathtaking. the huffing and puffing were all worth it... i mean, this is only broga and it's already so beautiful. we managed to catch the sunrise and it was lovely.  i cannot imagine what the scenery would be like on top of other mountains/hills... must be incredibly brilliant. Subhanallah.... of course from the first peak we trekked to the second peak. didn't make it to the third peak cause the climb looks way too steep.

we made our way down sometime around 9. the walk down was shorter but more challeging as it got quite slippery. and now that it's daytime we actually got to see how challenging the climb was after all. whoa, i felt like patting myself on the back now.

i think i should do this more often. i need to get myself all fit and able again. i mean, mount kinabalu is next on my list (pergh, tak sedar diri)... but really, after a night of very solid sleep and waking up to muscle aches, i just feel like making another trip to broga again!!! it's official, i am now a mountain addict. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment