Monday, February 6, 2012

reflection...

Allah Ta'ala says: "And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and guard their private parts from sin and not show of their adornment except only that which is apparent, and draw their headcovers over their necks and bosoms and not reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women (i.e., their sisters in Islam), or their female slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants free of physical desires, or small children who have no sense of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah altogether, O you Believers, in order that you may attain success.[An-Nur, 24:31]


It has been slightly more than a month since I wore the hijab.
How does it feel? some may ask...
My answer? it's the best-est decision i've ever made!! :D

Syukur to Allah S.W.T (He, the most gracious and merciful) for showing me the path to righteousness, Insya Allah. Of course, I wonder if I should have donned the hijab earlier, when I was much younger. But I think, my decision to do so at this age was apt. It was a decision well thought, and I appreciated the need and reasons better, Alhamdulillah...

I feel so much calmer now that I am all covered up. I don't worry about being out of place at all because I know that I don the hijab because I wanted to, and because I am doing it for myself, without ever being forced to. I feel happier now, knowing that somehow or rather, what i am doing is the right thing, and may Allah S.W.T (Exalted is He) will always show me the correct way, and give me His blessings. Also, I don't have to worry about having bad hair days (plus point!) but of course there are moments when the shawl just won't go the way I wanted it to be... ishk ishk ishk... :P

It's not just about getting your head covered you know. It's also about carrying responsibilities towards becoming a better muslim. I used to be reckless, and I still carry those traits in me. And my lack of patience, Masya Allah... I am still trying to work on that one. I'm awfully short tempered and I'm such a monster when I strive for perfection. Nauzubillah...

I am learning to slowly accept and be more tolerant. VERY SLOWLY that is... But hey, I am trying. :)

2 comments: